Mission & Vision
In the Lasallian Catholic tradition, we meet learners where they are and provide them with opportunities for growth in knowledge, professional preparation, and personal transformation.
De La Salle Christian Brothers; Roman Catholic
Very Rev. James P. Burns, IVD, Ph.D.
46% : 54%
Male : Female Ratio
Our Students, Their Stories
Master's degree helps Lott excel in baking, human resources
Saint Mary’s graduate school alumna Teri Anne Lott M'20 travelled often in her first professional job and didn’t have time…
Liberal arts in action
When Armando Salgado B’14 graduated from Saint Mary’s, he planned on utilizing his psychology major to either become a clinical…
A voice for immigrants
Abdurrahman Mahmud (who also goes by Abdu Rahman) B’19 doesn’t often talk about his young life as a refugee in…
Presidents, Visionaries, Inspiring Leaders
The Very Rev. James P. Burns, IVD, Ph.D., has served as president of Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota since 2018. Burns’ leadership is focused on delivering quality education founded in the university’s Lasallian Catholic mission, which calls for a practical education rooted in character formation and a deep grounding in liberal arts.
All of Us are Here to Help Any of You
The faculty and staff at Saint Mary’s have a tremendous impact on your educational experience. To find just the right person to help you, search our directory with the link below.
More Resources for You
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) , a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Institutes & Affiliates
Saint Mary's operates several institutes and collaborates with several affiliates that give students, faculty, and the surrounding communities numerous opportunities for academic, personal, and professional growth.
We are committed to the safety of our students, faculty, and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
News and Information
- Internship spotlight: Maeve Hastings
- Early start benefits student on way to medical career
- An extra half day of vacation in thanks and appreciation
- Alumna leads Interpreter Services for Allina Health
- With help of students, Saint Mary’s GeoSpatial Services submits testimony used in Supreme Court case
- Saint Mary’s honors former presidents, Brother Louis DeThomasis and Brother William Mann with Heritage Award for Transformational Philanthropy
- Howat: Philanthropy and development program ‘inspires you to be a change agent’
- Collaboration with healthcare system allows Saint Mary’s student to take part in cancer research
- Saint Mary’s alumna creates innovative airway used to provide anesthesia
- Saint Mary’s student awarded $100,000 fellowship from Bush Foundation to support work with African immigrant survivors of abuse
- ‘Jazz at Saint Mary’s’ announces its 2022-2023 season
- University unveils new look and distinct, but familiar, messaging
- Fastenal internship puts Swanson on fast track to career
Offices and Services
Saint Mary’s offices provide support for all students, wherever or however you take classes. If you’re unable to find the office or service you need, we encourage you to call the main number of your campus location.
We have resources to answer questions you didn’t know you had.
Take the next step. Find the resources you’re looking for with our finder tool.Explore all resources